This is coolbert:
Here, in a nutshell, are the various nations and agencies [military/intelligence/secret service/security/police] that have employed enhanced interrogation techniques ["the methods"] since the time of World War Two [WW2].
NOT torture as generally, ordinarily, and commonly understood? NO breaking of the fingers in both hand, pulling out of teeth or fingernails, NO red-hot ramrod inserted into the fundament, etc?
"Fundament - - 2. The part of the body on which one sits; the buttocks; specifically (Anat.), the anus. --Hume."
For the purposes of this blog entry, waterboarding is defined as:
"Waterboarding is a [process by which] forced suffocation and inhalation of water . . . the subject experiences the process of drowning and is made to believe that death is imminent."
But, still, "methods" that are controversial, brutal, demeaning, legal [??]!!
* German Gestapo [WW2]: "Verschärfte Vernehmung" . . . German term translated . . . as "enhanced interrogation".
* "Simplest rations."
* "Hard bed."
* "Dark cell."
* "Deprivation of sleep."
* "Exhaustion exercises."
* "Blows with a stick."
* Communists in Korea: [used against American and allied POW]
* "keeping them in filth." [this technique works well on Americans??!!]
* "sleep deprivation."
* "partial sensory deprivation."
* "psychological harassment."
* "inculcation of guilt."
* "group social pressure."
* French military in Algeria: [Le Gengene]
* Isolation and confinement.
* Electric shock and/or waterboarding.
* French DST: [Paris DST (Direction de surveillance territoire) police (roughly analogous to the FBI.)]
* "repeated kicks and punches."
* "exhausting physical exercises."
* "tortured with electric shock, especially on the genitalia" [private parts].
* "waterboarded in a mixture of urine and vomit."
* "tied to hot radiators."
* British in Northern Ireland: [The Five Techniques]
The five techniques were [are]:
* "subjection to noise."
* "deprivation of sleep."
* "deprivation of food and drink."
* American military techniques [as] taught in the SERE-program: [Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape]
* "Prolonged isolation."
* "Prolonged sleep deprivation."
* "Sensory deprivation."
* "Extremely painful 'stress positions'."
* "Sensory bombardment." (prolonged loud noise and/or bright lights)."
* "Forced nakedness."
* "Sexual humiliation."
* "Cultural humiliation." (such as desecration of holy scriptures).
* "Being subjected to extreme cold."
* "Exploitation of phobias."
* Chicago Police?
* Chained to a hot radiator in a confined position [stressful] for an extended period.
* Hooded with a smelly, dirty bag over the head. [a typewriter cover]
* Extended period of nakedness in a confined position chained to a hot radiator.
* American CIA in the aftermath of 9/11:
Authorized techniques include:
* "The Attention Grab. The interrogator forcefully grabs the shirt front of the prisoner and shakes him."
* "Attention Slap. An open-handed slap to the face."
* "The Belly Slap. A hard open-handed slap to the abdomen."
* "Long Time Standing. Prisoners are forced to stand, handcuffed and with their feet shackled to an eye bolt in the floor, for more than 40 hours."
* "The Cold Cell." The prisoner is left to stand naked in a cell kept near 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celsius)."
Anyone care - - to sign - - the statement - - RIGHT NOW!!
Am I being too flippant??!!