Thoughts on the military and military activities of a diverse nature. Free-ranging and eclectic.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Flashman.

This is coolbert:

I see I was NOT ALONE in noting the passing of GEORGE MACDONALD FRASER.

Creator of Flashman. Flashman, VC, great military "hero" of the Victorian Era!




Here is from the British Daily Mail:

"The last testament of Flashman's creator: How Britain has destroyed itself"

Strong words and ideas from a man of strong words and ideas.

Read it all.

FLASHMAN AS A SERIES OF NOVELS WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE TODAY!!??

"I [Fraser] am deeply concerned for the United Kingdom and its future. I look at the old country as it was in my youth and as it is today and, to use a fine Scots word, I am scunnered"

"scun·ner
- –noun 1. an irrational dislike; loathing
- –verb 2. to feel or show violent disgust
- –verb 3. to disgust; nauseate"

FLASHMAN, REGARDLESS OF HIS ROGUISH CHARACTER, WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THE SAME!!!

coolbert.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home