Thoughts on the military and military activities of a diverse nature. Free-ranging and eclectic.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Movie.

This is coolbert:

This is all very serendipitous.

I am listening to Michael Medved's radio talk show on the way home this afternoon. Michael used to be, and still is to some extent, a movie reviewer. Has graduated to bigger and better things, namely, talk radio. Is considered to be one of the more provocative and controversial hosts of a radio talk show that is put into the "right wing radio" league. I must say that Michael is very well spoken, makes his points clearly and is able to "debate" listeners. You may disagree with him, but always will respect him. At least I would.

And what is mentioned today in the repartee between Michael and one of his callers-in? The film series "Why We Fight". Exactly the same thing I had blogged about earlier in the day. Michael is of the opinion, as I am, that we need a modern version of the "Why We Fight" film series, but concentrating on the current anti-terrorist, anti-jihadi war. And Michael reports that he did discuss this with Karl Rove, the Chief of Staff to President Bush, in the days after 9/11. And also that a very famous movie director, unnamed, had even offered to direct the new film free of charge. I am assuming that this unnamed movie director is Steven Spielberg!!?? That would be my guess. Michael then goes on to say that nothing ever came of this idea. Well, perhaps it should be reconsidered?? I certainly think so. It SHOULD be done!!

It IS interesting that others have come up with the same idea. I wonder if they have considered the same approach that I have suggested, that is to say, mimic the method used by Frank Capra, and use the jihadi's own material [videos, audios, tracts, publications, web sites] against them?

I plan now to send this blog and the other prior germane blog entries to Michael and elicit his comments. With his contacts, perhaps something CAN come of all this. I think it is worth the try.

Will keep you all informed as to what transpires. Perhaps nothing will. But who knows??

coolbert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home