Thoughts on the military and military activities of a diverse nature. Free-ranging and eclectic.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Flames.

This is coolbert:

From a comment made on the blog:

"But for a weapon that really is amazingly useful, versatile and inspires terror, the flamethrower can't be beat (in my humble opinion). Check out Ralph Zumbo on the topic. I can't find the link, but he tells of just simply hitting the enemy with unlit/non-burning flamethrower fuel and they surrendered. I would too. I bet if we used this kind of stuff in Iraq, we would have less problems. Again, my humble opinion."

For those that are interested, please see my archived blog entry dated 3/16/06 concerning the use of flame weaponry.

[Hans the German SS officer serving in the French Foreign Legion relates how the flame thrower was carried by the German Foreign Legion battalion serving during he First Indo-China war. Hans only raves at length about the effectiveness of this weapon in the counter-insurgency type of warfare. "fight the enemy with weapons he does not have - - Alexander Suvorov."]

This of course is Hans Wagemueller, the Waffen SS officer. I have quoted him many times. He was keen on the use of the flamethrower. I can imagine the U.S. and world media would have a field day if some village of Iraqi citizens [especially some women wearing those voluminous robes] were burned to death by "Yankee Hell Jelly".

coolbert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home